Jamie C. Shilanski
Jamie C. Shilanski RFC®
Jamie was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska. She studied English Literature at the University of Alaska Anchorage where her passion for literature was cultivated.
Jamie is an avid (but terrible) fisherman. When you visit with Jamie about the adventures that await those visiting Alaska her enthusiasm is almost palpable. While she enjoys hiking, skiing, rafting and a plethora of other activities her natural grace leaves her far from being proficient at any of these sporting activities.
Thankfully what she lacks in athletic ability she makes up for in passion for knowledge and education. She has been an invited guest speaker to the local High Schools where she speaks with youth on economic awareness and the power of social media.
Jamie avidly seeks to promote financial literacy by empowering the youngest working force, millennial's, on how to work towards financial independence.
Education and Licensing
Jamie holds the Registered Financial Consultant® (RFC) designation and the following securities registrations:
- Series 7 (General Securities Registered Representative)
- Series 63 (Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam)
- Series 65 (Registered Investment Advisor)
- Ms. Shilanski holds Insurance License #6994 for the State of Alaska and is approved to sell the following insurance products:
- Life Insurance
- Variable Life Insurance
- Variable Annuities
Ms. Shilanski is a Registered Representative of Summit Brokerage Services, Inc., 595 S. Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, Fl, 33432
One-Time Meeting: for individuals who have a few questions, are seeking an objective opinion but aren’t ready to commit to the planning process just yet.
A One-Time meeting consists of meeting with Jamie during a consultation either in person or via telephone as well as a follow-up summary of the meeting.
During your consultation, you can discuss around 2 to 3 of your most pressing financial concerns with Jamie.
- Budgeting: What should I be saving vs. spending?
- Goal Setting: What am I really saving for? Especially when retirement seems a long time away.
- Credit Scoring: What do I need to do to improve my score?
- Investing: What is a Roth IRA and when should I start my Roth IRA? Or, my company has a 401(k) plan but I don’t know how much I should contribute?
- Health Insurance: What is “Obama Care” (The Affordable Health Care Act) and how does it impact me?
To make the most of your meeting, you will be presented with a “Personal Financial Fact Finder for Millennial’s”. This form, if provided 72 hours prior to your meeting, will also assist Jamie in bringing to light any areas of concern you may not be aware of yet. This form is yours to keep after the consultation.
The Personal Financial Fact Finder for to guide you through an in-depth review of where you are now so that you can discuss with Jamie, where you want to be.
The Cost for a One-Time Consultation is $400.00.
Financial Planning: A continued relationship designed to help you articulate your goals and develop a plan with “rigid flexibility” to achieve them. A plan that that is as open to life’s changes as you are. Changes like getting married, starting a family or starting your own company.
Changes that can alter your financial scenario. A financial plan should grow with you during these stages which is why maintaining a relationship with your financial planner is imperative. When you work with a financial advisor that you trust, you will be empowered to make smart decisions with your money.
As part of Jamie’s financial planning process, she will take an in-depth look at your present situation and discuss with you:
- Areas to maximize your financial plan,
- Goal planning and development strategies,
- Protecting your assets through risk analysis,
- Investment growth and planning for the future,
- Defining your time horizons for financial goals,
- Employer benefit plans like a 401(k), TSP or 403(b),
- Tax planning and review,
- Yours, Mine and Ours: a modern approach to Estate Planning to protect today’s blended families and growing diversity.
Together, you will develop a financial plan with Jamie that suits your individual needs. Once the plan is researched, detailed and implemented, you will meet with Jamie two times a year in person or via telephone to discuss progress, changes or modifications that may need to be considered.
But in the mean time, if you need her for those “unscheduled events” that often come up, Jamie provides her financial planning clients with unlimited email access as well as complimentary meetings for more in-depth questions.
Ready to get started?