Registered Para Planner Career Pathway
Registered Para Planner® Career Pathway
Registered Para Planner®
A Registered Para Planner is a person within the Financial Services industry that prepares Statement of Advice documents, financial modeling and other financial planning documents.
As a firm, we collectively believe that this education is so vital to each of our team members that it becomes a requirement to maintain employment beyond one year with our firm.
The more empowered and knowledgeable that our team is, the better we are as a whole.
That is why when you begin your career with Shilanski & Associates Inc., our firm is dedicated to ensuring you have every opportunity to enrich your knowledge in personal finances. To begin with, we start with the Registered Para Planner certification for all eligible employees regardless of which ultimate career path you take.
What Our Firm Provides:
- Leadership and Direction for Advancement,
- Educational Platforms.
Here is what our Firm Can Not Provide:
- Self Motivation.
You have to be motivated to learn and inspired to apply that knowledge to be successful within our organization.
Studying is self paced and on a team members own time. We do not provide time off for advancing your education, that is an area that you are 100% responsible for balancing.
To become a Registered Para-Planner® within our firm an individual must:
PROGRAM: COLLEGE FOR FINANCIAL PLANNING- FOUNDATIONS IN FINANCIAL PLANNING
Description, Pre-Requisites and Timeline:
▪ This program is designed to provide basic knowledge of the financial planning process and the five disciplines of financial planning.
▪ Students will learn about the different product categories, terminology, and financial planning concepts.
▪ At the end of the course students can take the exam. Successful completion will result in using the Registered ParaplannerSM or RP® mark.
▪ Prerequisites: None
▪ Approximately 9-11 weeks contingent on student
Successfully completing the following:
1. A foundations in financial planning education course exam
2. A skills-based internship
3. Completion of a designation application, which requires adherence to standards of professional conduct, terms and conditions, as well as a self-disclosure requirement.
▪ Continuing education: 16 hours every two years
▪ Exam Format: 75 multiple-choice questions
▪ Passing score: 70% or above
▪ Register at an approved exam location, such as PSI, Prometric, or ISO Quality Testing
Now, Which Pathway Would You Like to Take?
- Operations Team,
- Relationship Management