Shilanski & Associates Inc., advisors first started helping Alaskan families plan their financial futures in 1978. Today, we are able to work with individuals across the globe.
As a comprehensive financial planning firm we take a holistic approach to helping people develop a financial plan that is as unique as they are.
When you meet with one of our firm's Financial Advisors we will discuss:
- Your goals - we want to know what's important about money to you? What do you want to do with your wealth?
- Your existing financial status. We will ask you to complete our firm's Personal Financial Fact Finder because there are several components to a persons financial situation and we want to ensure we've taken every step possible to include those.
- We'll analyze and evaluate what you currently have in place. We are not "Brokers" therefore, if your existing investments and planning strategies are suitable based on the information you're providing, we will be the first to tell you. If we see areas that you might consider making changes to, we will make recommendations.
- Develop a plan that works towards achieving your goals. Our financial plans are 100% designed with our clients in mind. Your goals and dreams are going to vary from anothers and you need a financial plan that is designed specifically to achieve those goals.
- Evaluating your risks. You've worked hard to accumulate your assets, protecting them is a critical component. We will discuss insurance needs, coverage as well as level of risk tolerance when it comes to investing. We will help you evaluate your risks and allow you to tell us how comfortable assuming risk you are within your portfolio.
- Estate Planning. We will discuss your estate planning needs in depth with you from a financial planning stand point and we are happy to work with your attorney or make a recommendation if you are not presently working with one.
- Taxes - complex and controllable... to an extent. Effective tax planning is something we like to review with our clients annually at least. We want to ensure that you are informed of changes in tax laws that could impact you and that when it comes to implementing your financial plan that you are being tax wise.
- Once your financial plan is developed it needs to be monitored and maybe even, from time to time, adjusted. We like to meet with our clients no less than four times a year for this reason. Life happens, times change, we need to ensure that we are making adjustments and staying the course when needed.
When we started working with families in the Anchorage area our company had one mission: increase financial literacy for Middle Americans and help them plan their financial futures.
Today, we carry forth that tradition by hosting educational classes and workshops in person and through our technology platforms.
We invite you to attend one of our classes or request an appointment to meet with one of our Financial Advisors one on one.
Come see why Shilanski & Associates Inc., has become Alaska's premier wealth managers.
Tell Your Friends About Us *Click Here*